Author Topic: DP/DR is curable  (Read 13190 times)

seminole

DP/DR is curable
« on: September 16, 2008, 02:44:17 PM »
Just a note of encouragement to all who are dealing with anxiety and dp/dr. I too have suffered on 3 separate occasions and have come through the other side each time 100%. Each time I did it by getting busy and doing my best to distract myself. Was it easy? NO WAY! Was it worth it. YES! Even though I managed to get through on my own it it was so difficult because no one ever understood me or my symptoms, that was until I purchased Dr. Freedman's program. I can tell you that you will be in tears as she describes the condition, what causes it and how we can beat it. I am probably about 85-90% recovered at this point which means I have large sections of my day when I don't think about it at all. I have no idea if I will ever deal with the symptoms again but I do feel like I finally have a REAL toolset at my disposal. I have tried it all, therapists, another very popular anxiety program on cd, medication (which actually does help me) and none of this has dealt as directly with the dp/dr as Dr. Freedman does.

I know what you're thinking, this guy never had the same thoughts as I do, he wasn't as bad off, I'm different and this is something I will never be rid of 100%....WRONG. I can tell you I have had every "crazy" thought out there from living in a dream, to wondering if God had given up on me, thinking that my little girl didn't feel like she was mine, holidays didn't feel the same, home doesn't feel like home, loneliness, constantly checking to see if things felt "normal", feeling like if I let go of the constant introspection I would somehow not be the "real" me and would lose myself. All of those thinking patterns are tricks that you are playing on yourself and you have to actively combat them. It's not easy but after a while the good thoughts gain more power and the bad ones have less bite until you don't think about them anymore. I like to use the quote "fake it til you make it". Don't give up, if you have a bad day (which you will) just get back up and use the tools the next day. The recovery cycle is almost never linear (at least for me) it's more 2 steps forward one step back. First you will have seconds of "normalcy", then minutes, then hours etc...

I want to leave you with a couple of thoughts. First if you are putting off buying the program because of money, don't. Figure out a way to get it. This is your life. Would you find a way to scrounge $200 if someone wanted to sell you a brand new mercedes for that price? Well what good would that nice car be if you couldn't enjoy it because you were so eaten up with anxiety? I am not associated with Dr. Freedman (other than a customer) so don't think I trying to sell you something here. Second and this is extremely important. STOP researching this condition, STOP reading the horror stories on the internet about how bad off people are, this only makes you worse. You need to stop thinking about this. The reason you find so few success stories is because those that recover are out living their lives. I know cause I've been there. If you have to read something try to focus only on success stories and positive posts. You can usually tell by the subject heading what tone the post is going to have. You have to get busy, if you don't work go volunteer, start small but do something to get outside yourself. You have DP/DR, it doesn't have you.

Good luck to all and remember. No more researching. The answer is here at your fingertips.  :)

God Bless,
Andy

SP79

Re: DP/DR is curable
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 09:37:09 PM »
Great post - I agree.

DrFreedman

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 01:03:42 PM »
Dear Andy,
Thank you for that honest and informative post. I wholeheartedly agree with you and not because I wrote the program and do sessions dealing with this syndrome, but because I'VE BEEN THERE. I've lived it too, and am thrilled to have overcome it. Everything I write or share information about is something I've personally experienced. This is why I need to pass along this important information to others. There is a genuine process and it removes the struggle. I feel I must show others the shortest route to recovery and the easiest one on the mind and the body. This is why I am continuously out here telling others what worked for me, what didn't, what made it worse and most of all, what made it better. It's all tried and true without any fillers. I don't believe in beating around the bush, wasting time or dragging recovery out. There is a direct route to recovery and that is the only way I choose to take people.

Again, I thank you for putting this out there and wish you continued success.

Best wishes always,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman

Ken100

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 06:19:34 PM »
Seminole,

Thank you!!!!!!!! I feel so much better for reading your post. I thought I was the only one who had it. I didn't know it had a name. Thought I was losing it. I'm breathing easier for finding this place and you and Dr. Ronnie. I don't think I slept for more than 3 hrs. per nite before. I'm taping what you said on my mirror. I want to remind myself I'm not sick or dying. Couldn't have written it at a better time for me. Thanks and want you to know you made yourself a friend today.

Ken

PeteS

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 12:05:43 PM »
Great Post! Great Information! I'm working with Dr. R and big difference in how I feel. Reading this helps even more. Not so down on myself either.

The worst part for me was believing I wasn't sick. I had to work on that. I spent a barrel of money on tests and all were negative. I'm happy they were but looking back I made myself sick with worry. I was always believing I was sick and somebody missed finding what the sickness was. I was causing most of my anxiety and dp.

I hope more people read it. It will help them to know it's not them alone.

Pete

Meg

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 01:34:27 PM »
Thank you Seminole for your inspiring post!

I know it did a lot for me and I hope other people read it too. I wish I had bought the program sooner. I suffered for too long.

I believe the changes I made in the foods I ate made a big difference too. I follow the neutralizing diet all the time. If I don't use it I know it.

Talking with Dr. Freedman once a week keeps me moving forward. It pulls it all together for me. I'm so much happier. I went from low to being human again.

Meg

Stan_41

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 04:56:20 PM »
I feel relieved. Good post, Seminole. You gave me and probably many others some peace of mind.

I worried about dp-dr for a long time. It is worse than anxiety. I have this terrible habit of looking it up after everyone goes to sleep in my house. I never find anything hopeful except on this forum. You'd think I'd learned my lesson but I'll go on some dp site and scare myself into believing I'm sick. You can't believe how much bad advice I ran into before coming here. There's mucho phonies out there. Be forewarned. This is probably the only real place with valid info.

Matt43

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 12:12:14 AM »
It sure is curable. I was convinced I'd never get over it until I found myself here. I followed the program and it delivers. This is it, make no mistake about it.

JeremyT

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 04:46:10 PM »
I took what you said to heart. I listened closely to the program and followed it completely. I met with Dr. Freedman and did phone sessions in between. My dp/dr is not here and I thankfully can say I did play a big part in it going. I got back into living. I gave up the sick routine that I ran all the time. I was always feeling so sorry for myself and never giving my head a chance to revive itself. I spent all my time piling on the worry and sitting by the computer or tv. I was a sad case.

I'm not anymore. Your post woke me up. Dr. Freedman gave me the structure I needed to follow and thanks to this I'm not giving dp or dr my life. Great appreciation. Much thanks.

fel496

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 04:26:44 PM »
Good to hear that you overcome from DP. I have dp too is that possible to have contact in order to speak each other

Thanks

Luke34

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 12:28:56 PM »
Caught your post while reading back through the forum. Good example of the things we can accomplish when we put our minds to it.

I've also had it with meds. I'm a Zoloft victim. Wish I knew then what I know now or how it worked on my brain. Thankfully there are people like Dr. Freedman for us. I know I could not have made it out of this without her.

gina29

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 03:05:57 PM »
this just started for me a week ago NEVER in my life have I ever thought something like this could happen too anyone. I want too feel better Im strong some what I keep myself busy doing things with other people but then I find myself wanting to sit alone at home but that can only make it worse. I was givin clozpam for anxiety and i only took it 4 times It really helped but im not one for medications at all Dont like taking them. For the past few nights its been hard too sleep I pray ALL THE TIME because I am a fan of faith in god big time always have been. I keep explaining to my friends and family what I feel they look at me like im insane although i feel I am going insane. I just want peace back i my life I really want too know what trigured it. I dont know any of you but your all in my prayers