Author Topic: Urinary Problems or Anxiety?  (Read 1687 times)

Adele

Urinary Problems or Anxiety?
« on: February 16, 2010, 12:27:09 PM »
I read something like this in a previous post & it made me want to ask this question. If I also do not drink too much water or liquid but some days I go more, is it anxiety? Those are the days I'm most upset. The more I worry about it the more it happens too. Does this go together and what do you do for it?

DrFreedman

Re: Urinary Problems or Anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 02:20:48 PM »
Dear Adele,
This is part of the sympathetic nervous system, which in plain words means you are thinking frightening thoughts (probably most of the day) and your body is releasing more stress hormones (adrenaline, cortisol). Metabolism increases because your body is shifting into "fight or flight" mode...even to a minor degree, a sensitive person will notice a change. Mouth becomes dry, heart rate increases, urge to urinate increases, diarrhea may occur, sweating, fearful thoughts intrude. This is all part of the process. Your body is primed for escape, and yet you are standing or sitting still. You're wired and stuck with all this excess energy.

Do not worry about the need to frequently visit the bathroom. When you learn to settle down, this will promptly subside. Worry only ramps up the adrenaline release. Check out the program and follow the outline. Learn to retrain your brain by changing the way you think. Follow the diet/nutrition plan and create a less reactive, calmer mind and body. Boost serotonin (the feel good chemical in the brain) by following our 7 day menu plan. You are able to control all these reactions once you follow the process which results in full control and peace of mind.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman

Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
drfreedman@anxietybusters.com
Program Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE
In Office and Telephone Counseling Line: 1-215-635-4700
10:00 AM - 10:00 PM EST
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:08:41 PM by DrFreedman »