Author Topic: Shifting out of it  (Read 1598 times)

Adam

Shifting out of it
« on: October 31, 2009, 10:45:58 AM »
Hi Dr. Freedman,

I'm seeing and feeling a change for the better. It was an uphill climb in the beginning because you know the Lexipro gave me extra symptoms. Some days I didn't think I could make it. I thank you for listening to me all thru all those calls. Nobody could have been kinder. I found out I had someone to rely on. It wasn't so rough when you told me what it was. I'm glad you are here for everyone. I don't think I could have made it without your reminding me I could do it and showing me how. It must be working because I'm not thinking about it. What's the odds of it being stronger if I travel? I have an opportunity but not sure yet.

Adam

DrFreedman

Re: Shifting out of it
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 06:49:54 PM »
Dear Adam,
This is a normal thought and why wouldn't you question your reactions, because it's been a while since you've felt in complete control. This is a reaction that fades after you prove to yourself, over and over again that you are capable of controlling how you feel.

Travel, in itself, means nothing. All it does mean is that your body is placed in a different environment. Your mind determines how it will react, since it "sizes up" the situation and signals the body. Retrain yourself how to rethink situations and you regain control. The only way the discomfort could heighten while traveling is if you make it that way. It may be difficult to learn you have that power to cause the reactions but this is countered by the fact that have the power to decrease the sensations as well. It's your choice. Always is.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman

Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
drfreedman@anxietybusters.com
Program Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE
In Office and Telephone Counseling Line: 1-215-635-4700
10:00 AM - 10:00 PM EST

Adam

Re: Shifting out of it
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 12:07:57 PM »
Did it! Flew out of town and no problem. Used everything you told me. YES!!!