Author Topic: New OCD symptoms  (Read 1163 times)

Lilygirl

New OCD symptoms
« on: May 14, 2009, 10:47:39 PM »
I haven't posted in a long time because my anxiety has been pretty under control.  I started off with panic attacks in my early twenties.  I    learned how to deal with those and then my problem became generalized anxiety all day long.  I learned to deal with that and then my problem became intrusive thoughts.  I learned to deal with that and now it has become a problem with OCD.  I am 37,and this past year i have become a full fledged lock checker, light checker, ritual performer.  Why has this happened?  It takes me an hour just to check all the locks and alarms and lights in my house before bed.  It is exhausting.  But if I don't do it, I lay there and wonder all night long if I did it or not.  Even though I know full well that I did it.   I am so tired of my anxiety constantly morphing into some new form to torment me.  I have gotten over all the other ones, but this one has got me stuck.  I don't know how to stop it!  I have the anxiety buster tapes, but none of them mention this particular type of anxiety.

DrFreedman

Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 08:20:14 PM »
Dear Lilygirl,
Your anxiety "morphing" seems to be serving a purpose. Your mind is keeping you good and busy, in an effort to divert your attention from a stronger and more threatening emotion. Check out our MindBody Syndrome Test, found on our home page
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 08:20:58 PM by DrFreedman »