Author Topic: Side Effects Setback  (Read 1297 times)

Abbey

Side Effects Setback
« on: May 05, 2009, 05:27:11 PM »
Dear Dr. Freedman,

I am very happy I found your web pages and forum. I have had a terrible time with medication for anxiety. I am still not fully recuperated from the mind boggling effects. Brain zaps, nausea,no sleep for days, fuzzy head,dizzy,anxiety all the time. I am trembling involuntarily. My pharmacist says in time it will stop. I need something non-med to help me through this.

I missed you this a.m. when I called but I'm hoping to talk to you about this problem. Any special time best to call?

Has anyone on this forum had an experience like this? I'm hoping it's not just me. Would have emailed but would love feedback from others.

I can't go back to medication. I'm hoping this could be my other option.

Abbey

DrFreedman

Re: Side Effects Setback
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 10:55:57 AM »
It's difficult to treat a non-illness with medication. You risk the experience of adverse reactions which are often worse than the original difficulty. I believe you found this out.

I understand your need to calm down while going through this withdrawal period. I urge you to give me a call and I will be glad to suggest what is necessary, evaluate your situation and offer options. We have a free 10 minute evaluation: 215-635-4700 between the hours of 10:00 am - 10:00 pm EST, 7 Days a Week.
Sorry I missed you the first time you called, but try again during those hours. I'll be glad to speak with you.

As far as others, I am sure they will be happy to post their own experiences. You are not the only one who has gone through the affects of medication. The person prone to anxiety is often hypersensitive to many medications and stimuli. It often goes with the territory.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman

Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
drfreedman@anxietybusters.com
Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE
Helpline/Counseling Line: 1-215-635-4700
Programs, Telephone and In-Office Therapy, Diets/Nutrition Menu Plans
Affordable for All
Free 10 Minute Phone Evaluation: 1-215-635-4700

Abbey

Re: Side Effects Setback
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 09:57:03 AM »
I ordered the program and can't wait to get it. You really made me see what is going on. I feel great relief. I will call again because this session lifted me out of the depressed feelings. I know I can get better after hearing your explanations. I feel like a weight has been taken off of me. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!