Author Topic: Depression  (Read 1089 times)

Aaron

Depression
« on: April 30, 2009, 06:57:05 PM »
Sometimes I get depressed. I read a few posts back that you said someone was bored to tears. That's what I think I am. They got anxiety but I'm getting depressed. It's like a catch 22. I want to work and be busy but I'm afraid. Do you have the way around this dilemma? If I could take the first step I think I'd be okay. Just maybe need some help.

DrFreedman

Re: Depression
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 04:11:44 PM »
Dear Aaron,
Most people who experience anxiety think of themselves as "ill" and immediately shift into "sick mode." They cut back on physical activity, take a leave from work, and begin to lead a rather sedate life. Then they wonder why they are NOT feeling better. Sometimes they even feel worse.

An active, intelligent mind needs a little healthy tension and stress. It needs to be challenged on a daily basis. If not, it turns to mush, and becomes the perfect environment for introspective thinking (intense worry) and self-sabotage thoughts. SST (self-sabotage thinking) runs rampant in a bored mind. Yes, this is what "bored to tears" is all about. One either becomes riddled with anxiety, depression or even dp. Whatever or whichever they fear most, takes center stage.

You can begin to do something about these feelings of depression, anxiety, or dp. I take a very no-nonsense approach to this because there is a specific therapy for these intrusions. It is completely effective and does NOT take years to work.

Please do not hesitate to call me. I will make sure you are able to schedule a session.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman

Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
drfreedman@anxietybusters.com
Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE
Helpline/Counseling Line: 1-215-635-4700
Programs, Telephone and In-Office Therapy, Diets/Nutrition Menu Plans
Affordable for All
Free 10 Minute Phone Evaluation: 1-215-635-4700
10:00 AM - 10:00 PM EST