Author Topic: Anger  (Read 2530 times)

Sean

Anger
« on: November 21, 2007, 01:19:44 PM »
I've been angry more than I used to be and I can't help it. My temper is so quick and I feel like I can't stop myself. I know when I'm short with my wife or kids but even when I hear myself being sarcastic I still go on doing it. This is since the anxiety started. I hate myself afterward but I can't help doing it. It's not hitting or anything just talking. I know you said we shouldn't eat caffeine or sugars and I gave up coffee but I've been eating the leftover Halloween candy. Could this be it? I feel lousy about this whole thing.

DrFreedman

Re: Anger
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 07:01:50 PM »
Your short temper is closely related to this condition. You are frustrated and frustration often leads to irritability. Those who are dealing with anxiety are generally not dependent types. Even though you feel as if you are losing control to anxiety, you are not. You are still the same person, BUT you have to make choices.

(1) You have to choose to eat foods that work to keep you calm rather than irritate you. Sugar and chocolate are stimulating and play havoc with blood sugar levels. This translates into irritability and anxiety. It's worth the sacrifice to give up the sweets for the time being, or at least eat them along with the appropriate food buffers.

(2) Learn to turn off the affects of the anxiety condition. Make the choice to stop playing around with anxiety and delete it from your life permanently. Never wish things away when you are able to DO SOMETHING about them. This will end these temper outbursts, restore your control and end the anger and anxiety.

(3) Forgive yourself. Stop beating