Author Topic: off balance/dizzines  (Read 1945 times)

Sammielou

off balance/dizzines
« on: December 28, 2008, 03:34:21 PM »
I have been feeling off balance/dizziness symptoms for almost two years now : (
It is so hard for me to believe that anxiety is causng this.
I am at the end of my rope.
I am finding it hard to function on a daily basis.
Does anyone else deal with this?
Any suggestions?
I find it hard to apply the techniques when it that state

THANKS

Sammie : )

DrFreedman

Re: off balance/dizzines
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 11:31:00 PM »
Dear Sammielou,
It does not sound as if this is purely anxiety. You might be struggling with an inner ear difficulty, which often comes and goes, and can be dictated by weather (barometric pressure), hormones, allergies, chemicals and a host of other variables. I know of someone who saw an accupuncturist for inner ear problems and is now doing much better.

It could also be (and sounds very likely) hormonal in nature, as perimenpause can last for quite a number of years (more than you can imagine) where balance problems and dizziness are often the hallmark symptoms. Becoming fearful about these symptoms will often lead to anxiety, which triggers the cycle of fear>adrenaline>fear, creating frustration and doubt.

Our intensive process will help you with your anxiety reactions and restore peace of mind. Please remember, these hormonal reactions will always diminish in time. This is an absolute. Learning to counter the reactions will bring great relief and afford you the patience necessary in living with these spiking and decreases hormones.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Dr. Ronnie Freedman

Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
Your Natural Prescription for Anxiety Relief
Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE
Helpline: 1-215-635-4700
10:00 am - 10:00 pm EST
7 Days a Week
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 06:19:16 PM by DrFreedman »

Sammielou

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 07:26:17 PM »
Thank you Dr. Ronnie,

You are alwyas a calming presences and the voice of reason : )

As you said it can be a variable of things. That of course makes it difficult to treat.
I would have to agree with you that it does not seem like anxiety 100%.
It comes with movement, such as reaching for a glass out of the cupboard.
I get it throughout the day. I don't think it is my inner ear.
I was told, if you can go upside down and stay there without getting dizzy then
your ears are fine............ hummmm.........
Perhaps it is perimenopause, I am 46 on a very small amout of progesterone cream.
I sure wish I knew what was causing it then I could treat it and get on with life : )

After nine years of resisting medication I finally stated on a very tiny dose of Lexapro.
Hopefully that will help and perhaps aid as a diagnostic tool

Thank you!!!!
I hope you are staying warm and enjoying the holidays.

Sammie : )

DrFreedman

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 11:57:11 PM »
You mention the use of Progesterone Cream and I'm wondering if there might not be a strong connection. Even natural progesterone cream has a tendency (even in small doses) to accumulate in fat tissue. It is highly fat soluble and once applied to the skin it will store in fat tissue. The result, after a period of time may contribute to disruptions in adrenal hormones (DHEA, Cortisol and Testosterone levels). This is why even natural progesterone must be used cautiously, and this might be contributing to your difficulties.

This reminds me of the time my friend took a normal dosage of certain vitamins every day and the ones that weren't water soluble began to give her overwhelming problems.

Just a thought. You might want to check it out.

Sammielou

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 08:34:56 PM »
Thanks Ronnie,

What do you suggest I do if it is peri-menopause causing my balance issues?
I also have bad headaches which I believe can be due to hormonal issues as well.

Thanks!!!

Sammie

DrFreedman

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 05:54:07 PM »
Dear Sammielou,
The headaches sound absolutely hormonal as they go hand in hand with the balance issues. Estrogen levels have a strong influence on headaches, migraines in particular. The good part is that these imbalances are temporary and always balance out in time. Patiently waiting that is the difficult part.

First of all, keep a food journal and notice the correlation between these feelings and what is going on in your life. Headaches are triggered by aspartame, caffeine, chocolate, alcohol, cultured dairy products (yogurt, sour cream, buttermilk), sulfites (dried fruits), smoked or dried fish, wheat, canned soups, MSG, Aged Cheeses, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, saurkraut, worsteshire sauce, ripe avocado, ripe bananas, eggplant, mushrooms, citrus, figs, peanuts and a few others.

Low serotonin levels equal headaches. Skipped meals trigger headaches. Eat regularly for blood sugar.

Foods that fight headaches: Peppermint, cayenne pepper, Ginger, High Calcium foods, Spinach, Broccoli, Kale, High Magnesium foods- Spinach, Oatmeal and Wheat.

Exercise in moderation. Too vigorously may trigger headaches.

The "off balance" is the rising and falling hormones. Lightheadedness is the same. It will pass. It always does. Estrogen may help but many experience lightheaded sensations from estrogen...plus other symptoms and risks. Foods that are high in estrogen such as soy are helpful for some, along with Vitamin E, but in all honesty, time is the great healer as the body adjusts to this new phase.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman

Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
Your Natural Prescription for Anxiety Relief
Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE
Helpline: 1-215-635-4700
10:00 am - 10:00 pm EST
7 Days a Week

Low Estrogen=Low Serotonin= Headaches

Sammielou

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 03:33:14 PM »
Dr Ronnie,

Thank you for your informative and comprehensive reply!
It was a big help. I am going to print it and keep it as a reference.

Thanks!!!

Sammie