Author Topic: Question for the people who recovered from DP/DR  (Read 20082 times)

macvxx

Re: Question for the people who recovered from DP/
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 04:09:22 PM »
Hi Thomas-

How did you recovery from DP?  By following this program?  So how long were you on an anti-depressant?  Did the Dp happen when you went off of it?  Thanks for your post

Thomas

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 04:41:49 PM »
I did the Depersonalization/Anxiety Busters combo pack and Telephone Counseling Sessions with Dr. Freedman. I had my fill of dp and anxiety and needed to get back to work. Don't fall for this omega stuff or anything else. You're in the best place to talk to someone who knows. People come on here and throw words around. Listen to the person who knows. I could have saved so much time and money if I spoke to Dr. Freedman before all the phony stuff.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 04:42:08 PM by Thomas »

Sammielou

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 09:49:59 PM »
Thomas I am curious to know which antidepressant you went on and at what doseage you began at.
After nine years of avoiding them I have just begun one at a very low dose.

Also you say omegas are laughable, for you perhaps the are. However, I really, really believe that they helped me.
They helped my mood and aided in brain function. It is okay to have a different opinion then others however I felt a bit blasted by your comment. Dr. Ronnie also believes in nutrition and other things to support the healing process.

Macy I believe that stress, anxiety and a traumatic event brought on my dp/dr. It was a very scary time in my life I had no idea what the dp/dr was I thought I was loosing my mind. : (

Thanks,

Sammie : )
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:44:36 PM by Sammielou »

macvxx

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 09:39:13 PM »
sammie and thomas-

So is both of your DP/DR gone?  

thomas- yes, i'm curious as well to what antidepressant you were on and for how long?  Did the Dp start after a panick attack?

Thanks for all the posts everyone, I really appreciate it

Thomas

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 12:08:18 PM »
Lexapro but my physican and Dr. Freedman both told me that it didn't matter which antidepressant. Same results.

Sammielou

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 10:47:29 PM »
Thank you Thomas.

I am not sure I understood your reply.
Are you saying it does not matter which med you take, same result, DP
or are you saying it does not matter because it is about panic/anxiety and the way one thinks
get's them into the DP perdicament and out of it as well?

I just began Lexapro, 1.5mg
My doctor said to start off very slowly in order to avoid side effects
I am still fearful of getting dp/dr and other side effects.

I know how to stop a panic attack in it's track
but I have daily symptoms of light headiness, dizziness
faint feelings, breathlessness etc...
Hopefully the med will help or be a good diagnostic tool to know if I
am suffering from GAD or something else.

It has been a long journey, I have learned so much and made so many positive changes
but I cannot seem to get 100% better.
I love my life, I travel and enjoy things but I feel off balance
and symptomatic most days, certain things are difficult such a s standing in line because of dizziness : (
I hope you are feeling better Macy
Sorry for the rant..............

Sammie : )
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 02:26:29 PM by Sammielou »

Kendra

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 12:39:02 AM »
Hi Sammielou,

In my opinion I wouldn't take Lexapro in small or any dosage. I had a very sick time with it and on a small dosage. I was feeling progressively worse the longer I took it.
If you ever spoke to Dr. Freedman you would being using her intensive treatment. The meds are all the same and make it last longer. I don't like the thoughts they can put in your head either. The warnings put me off too. Suicide for someone under 18. I'm in my 30's but not a good vibe.
My original therapist insisted I see Dr. Freedman because she specializes in this. I did and I've never looked back. It was a strict plan but it wiped out the dp.

Kendra
NJ

macvxx

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 12:06:46 PM »
Kendra-

Could you please tell me more about your recovery? how long did it take to rcover?  You did it w/o any med help?  what brought on your Dp and how long did you have it.  Did you eliminate all sugars from your diet?

Thanks
mac

Kendra

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 04:47:27 PM »
Hi Mac,

I followed the dp diet very closely. I do use sugars now because they don't bother me. I do everything the way I did before dp. I'm not thinking about it like I used to do. I don't have time. I do use the exercises to heal the dp but not because the dp is here. I follow them because they changed my life. I am doing things differently and in a better way. I feel healthier and more alive.
The meds I took before the program made me worse. I wish I never took them. I felt sick before I read anything about them. I don't like things that change me and I was feeling that way.
I was stressing and worrying about my health. I had things on my mind that I couldn't stop thinking about too. I didn't know how to live healthy.
My mind isn't thinking about dp. It's not interested in it. I learned a better way to think about it.
I needed someone to tell me what to do. I couldn't have done it with meds or by myself.

Kendra

macvxx

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 10:35:12 PM »
Hi-

It's been three months and still stuck in DP.  I feeL very hopeless.  I have been crying everyday, I believe that because of the DP - depression has started to creep in.  I can't even sit in a resturant w/o getting up and crying in the bathroom.  Ronnie, what am I missing here?  I'm working out 3-4 times a week, eating better, gave up alcohol completely, Trying so very hard to stop thinking about DP every second of everyday.  It just hasn't let up at all....
What other exercises can I do to get better?  I'm living in a nightmare, that I can't escape...