Author Topic: Dizziness/off balance feeling  (Read 25206 times)

SP79

Re: Dizziness/off balance feeling
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 02:42:19 AM »
You know what Alvin - I agree with your point that if you look hard enough you'll find a sickness.

Kristen

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 04:12:46 PM »
Wow! This is quite an interesting thread.

To SP79, what makes you think that Alvin was directing his posting to you?

If you think my situation specifically is a joke - fine, laugh.

You seem awfully sensitive for someone who is so certain that their symptoms
are not related to anxiety. What was it that Shakespeare wrote in Hamlet, "The lady doth protest too much"

If you are that convinced that it is not anxiety why do you spend your time here and not an MdDS forum?
Oh wait, people with MdDS don't obsessively scour the Internet for causes for their ever-changing laundry
list of symptoms. That would be something that someone with anxiety would do. Hmmm. Which are you again?

I would also like to point out that you were quick to suggest to Sammie that she see Vestibular Therapist for
her dizziness. Sounds like anxiety thinking to me. Hey Sammie, would you like to rid yourself of the dizziness?
Come up with a new symptom to worry about. It is quite clear to me why you no longer suffer from DP/DR.....
because you replaced it with the dizziness. Don't you think it is unusual that you only have these symptoms in
the mall and other places outside your home or whatever you believe to be your safe place.

I say these things because I have been there too. It is easily recognizable in someone else, but definitely more
difficult to see when it is happening to you because it feels so real.

The doctor you should be listening to is Dr. Freedman. Do you have her program? Are you doing counseling sessions
with her? If not, why?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 04:13:19 PM by Kristen »

Elyse

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 03:24:55 PM »
Hi Kristen,

The last part of your post is me all the way.

I thought I was out of my mind. I had one symptom for an eternity. I thought I was going to be unreal for life. So when this numbness and dizziness began I was sure it was thyroid. About sixteen tests later I was left with vague answers. This was the last straw. I just about lost my mind.

I was one of the lucky ones who found Dr. Freedman. If she hadn't explained it to me I would still be looking for answers. I don't think anyone knows what anxiety can do. It's impossible to get a straight answer from anyone else. I'm doing great. If I'm not careful and stressed out another symptom will sneak in but I'm ready for it. I don't take it in. It can't get past me anymore. I'll call Dr. Freedman and we'll hash it out and it goes.

Your points are well taken. It's nobodys fault but we all think negative and think we're sick. I did!!!! I'm not doing it anymore. It took too much out of me.

Elyse