Author Topic: Insomnia  (Read 1602 times)

Quinn

Insomnia
« on: June 27, 2014, 10:27:32 AM »
I'm not sleeping much at all. I am dragging all day too. I try to go to bed earlier to catch up on sleep but it's not happening.

What do you recommend or can anxiety turn off the sleep? I tried warm milk but it didn't work. I can't play sports much anymore because I'm too tired. I pitch on a baseball team but I'm too tired so I never show up for practice.

Any advise to sleep again. Can anxiety keep me not sleeping for days?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:28:28 AM by Administrator »

DrFreedman

Re: Insomnia
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 09:47:23 AM »
Dear Quinn,

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulty sleeping. I recommend you begin a regimen of outdoor activity, whether it be a sport, walking, running, swimming or bike riding. Being outdoors is essential as the benefits are enumerable.

Anxiety will keep an individual up at night and cause them to awaken earlier than usual. It will produce adrenaline spurts that alert the body to false readings. The body will also begin releasing cortisol, which serves to wake one up rather than allow them to sleep. Rising cortisol levels ad to high blood pressure and increased heart rate, along with other intrusive anxiety symptoms. This is unhealthy and interferes with production of Serotonin as well.

We offer sessions and CD's dealing with severe insomnia created out of extreme anxiety. Call our office for further information.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety and Depersonalization Recovery
http://www.anxietybusters.com
info@drronniefreedman.com
Office Phone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM (EST)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:48:20 AM by Administrator »