Author Topic: Traveling Impossible  (Read 1302 times)

Eli

Traveling Impossible
« on: June 26, 2013, 12:57:25 PM »
Hi Dr. Freedman,

When I think about traveling I honestly believe it is something I'll never be able to do. I used to go everywhere even on planes. Now it's like I have a border of about 5 miles (if that) to travel in comfortably. When I go past that zone I feel like I'm falling apart with anxiety. Everything gets blurry and looks differently, unreal. My heart pounds and I want to only turn around and go home. When I get near home I feel better until the next time I try to go somewhere else.

Do you think even someone like me can do this one day? Is your program good for traveling too?

Thank you.   

Eli

DrFreedman

Re: Traveling Impossible
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 06:35:51 PM »
Dear Eli,

What you are experiencing is based upon a mindset that has become your behavior. This cycle needs to be broken in order for you to move forward. You have told yourself, so many times, that you are only safe within a certain parameter and now your mind takes this as fact.

It is time to tap into your "adult voice" and break this cycle of behavior. It's time to UNLEARN this habit of fear and do it as soon as possible. This will enable you to travel anywhere you wish. You will take the correct tools along with you wherever you travel.

You have to learn to go through your fears correctly in order to come out on the other side. This is not difficult and can be learned very quickly. Please give my office a call when you are ready and give yourself the opportunity to break this cycle and begin enjoying your life again.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety and Depersonalization
http://www.anxietybusters.com
info@ronniefreedmanphd.com
Office Phone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM (EST)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:38:15 PM by DrFreedman »