Author Topic: Obsessive Searching  (Read 2026 times)

Nancy

Obsessive Searching
« on: May 01, 2013, 12:32:57 PM »
Hi,

I'm so tired staying up nights and surfing the net for information about dp. What's the difference between dp and dr? Is the cure the same or different? What about the people who say they've had it for 30 yrs? I'd like to stop being up all night googling and have a decent morning (worst time).
Nancy L.

DrFreedman

Re: Obsessive Searching
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 01:55:55 PM »
Dear Nancy,

This disorder can often be extremely frustrating, especially when one experiences a somewhat increase in clarity by evening, only to awaken the next morning feeling anxious and foggy all over again. This is the nature of the condition and when the process of recovery is closely followed, the clarity returns and permanently remains.

Answer to your first question:
What's the difference between dp and dr?

Depersonalization is described as feelings of unreality, dreamlike state, fogginess, the sensation of watching oneself.
Derealization is when one's surroundings feel or seem unfamiliar, strange or different.

Fear and worry surrounding both depersonalization and derealization often result in:
- Inability to concentrate
- Visual disturbances
- Anxiety and Panic
- Loss of Appetite
- Sleep Difficulties
- Frustration
- Depression

The recovery process is identical for both depersonalization and derealization. It is not long or drawn out but is specific in nature and requires adherence to the recovery process of behavior modification and specific diet/nutrition plan.

I suggest you discontinue the habit of googling information, as many sites and information are undocumented, therefore resulting in misinformation, such as the so called individual who has supposedly had this for "30 years." Following the correct process eliminates any possibility of this occurring.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety and Depersonalization
http://www.ronniefreedmanphd.com
drfreedman@ronniefreedmanphd.com
Office Phone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM EST
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 09:15:44 PM by Administrator »