Author Topic: What's The Matter With Me  (Read 2041 times)

Kevin34

What's The Matter With Me
« on: November 27, 2007, 05:48:21 PM »
I had anxiety all summer long. My father was sick and I had to run his business and my own. I wasn't sleeping much or eating like I always do. Everything was on the run. So I had panic attacks which started in traffic. Then I had stomach problems. I thought I was losing it or on the edge of it.

The last and worst of this was when I lost my feeling of direction when I was driving home from my son's school. It was worse than panic and I'm afraid something is wrong with me and it isn't anxiety all along. My doctor didn't understand what I was talking about. It's hard to explain anxiety to him. I'm worried and don't want this to happen again. What can I do? I won't take meds.

DrFreedman

Re: What's The Matter With Me
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 06:03:06 PM »
Dear Kevin34,
You don't have to take medication for these sensations, so do not waste your energy worrying about it. What you do need to do is understand what has happened.

Stress turned into anxiety and panic. You became worried over the reactions and began monitoring yourself. This in itself uses a great deal of energy and exhausts mind/body. The fear->adrenaline->fear cycle takes on a life of its own. Eventually the mind becomes vulnerable due to mild exhaustion and feelings of unreality set in. Some people experience depersonalization (unreality) while others feel more of a derealization (things look strange).
Neither of these are harmful and worry prolongs the sensations. Learning to use our coping skills in tandem with the Neutralizing Diet puts a stop to these intrusive symptoms. Also a vital factor is your ATTITUDE. It can make or break this condition. Do not treat yourself as if you were ill because you are not.

Feel free to contact me at our TOLL-FREE NUMBER 1-800-670-HOPE for further information. I'll be glad to tell you about your options for permanent recovery.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
ANXIETY BUSTERS BOOT CAMP: ONE-ON-ONE BASIC TRAINING FOR ANXIETY RELIEF