Author Topic: Sleep Problems  (Read 2865 times)

Lily

Sleep Problems
« on: April 29, 2013, 05:13:03 PM »
Dear Dr. Freedman,

Thank you for putting up this forum category about sleep. It's been a huge difficulty in my life for as long as I can remember. It's 10 times worse since the anxiety/dp. I think I'm sometimes afraid to go to sleep. I'm not sure why but my body jumps just as I'm about to fall off to sleep and that wakes me up all over again. I sometimes have a little wine before bed to get me to sleep but I don't stay asleep for long. The worst is the jumping in my sleep or sleep panics. My heart races and I can't get back to sleep at all, sometimes for the whole night. Any ideas for me?

DrFreedman

Re: Sleep Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 02:23:26 PM »
Dear Lily,

It sounds as if you have become sensitized along with becoming fearful of not sleeping. By learning how to eliminate stress and tension that often builds during the day, you will find yourself in full control of your sleep habits and actually look forward to bedtime.

I know, because I've been there and it is very frustrating. It actually requires a combination of following the correct food plan, which naturally boosts serotonin levels in the brain, which often drop with prolonged stress. It's restoring these levels along with maintaining stable blood sugar levels. By doing so, along with changing your behavior patterns concerning sleep, you will find yourself enjoying restful nights and awakening feeling less anxious and experiencing clarity once again.

Feel free to contact my office for a phone session dedicated to the elimination of sleep difficulties associated with this condition. It can be quite surprising when you learn the simple yet specific method, step by step, in order to achieve restful sleep.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety and Depersonalization
http://www.ronniefreedmanphd.com
drfreedman@ronniefreedmanphd.com
Office Phone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM EST
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 02:25:09 PM by Administrator »

Lily

Re: Sleep Problems
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 09:52:35 AM »
Thank you and I will call this afternnon. I'm so tired all the time and I know I need to work on this. I hope I can talk to you.