Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 1237 times)

PeaceBear

Please Help
« on: March 18, 2013, 06:01:30 PM »
Ever since my Mom died 2 years ago I find myself with alot of emotions. I cry for no reason and for any reason.
And I have such anger and rage at times. For about a year I was doing well with handling anxiety and stress. Now all of a sudden I get filled with rage at times and throw things in another room out of the room where my Dad is. I have to keep a lid on yelling or saying hateful things to him. So I throw stuff til the rage subsides. I do not know where this is coming from! I havent felt so much anger in a long time. Please help if you can!

DrFreedman

Re: Please Help
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 02:25:42 PM »
Dear PeaceBear,

Expressing emotions can be very difficult for some individuals. When one holds back strong emotions they often manifest as anxiety or brain fog. It's sometimes hard for the person to realize this and they often believe the anxious reactions come out of nowhere. This is not true. There is always a trigger behind the reactions. If one can locate this trigger it is helpful for recovery. Remember, anxiety is a signal that something is being held back or unexpressed. Locating this trigger and dealing with it often helps in elimination of the anxiety whose purpose is to blanket the true and unexpressed emotion.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
http://www.ronniefreedmanphd.com
Office Phone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM EST

PeaceBear

Re: Please Help
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:18:49 PM »
Thank you Dr Ronnie. When I think about it, I have been holding in alot of feelings mostly anger.  ::)