Author Topic: Video Game Induced Depersonalization  (Read 4735 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
Video Game Induced Depersonalization
« on: January 26, 2013, 05:21:47 PM »
You might want to pull the plug on video gaming after reading our latest BLOG entry!

http://www.anxietybustersblog.com

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety and Depersonalization Recovery
Office Phone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM (EST)
http://www.ronniefreedmanphd.com
drfreedman@ronniefreedmanphd.com

Toni

Re: Video Game Induced Depersonalization
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 02:15:22 PM »
OMG, this is exactly what is happening with my son. My husband and I are literally sick over this change in him. Please could you give us more information and hope that he can be helped. This is a very bright 17 year old who pulled good grades and held the office of student counsel president just last year. We are so worried about him because he barely leaves the house and says he feels disconnected from life 24/7. My question is this: Why can't he go to classes and yet is able to play these games all day? Doesn't that take focus and concentration. He sits there with his headset on in his room and seems fine but cannot get him out of the house into real life! Please help. We need some answers asap.

Skip

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 02:46:07 PM »
I was in the same place as your son. I did give up the addiction of gaming and trust me it is an addiction. It swallowed up my whole life. The dp and anxiety was so terrible I couldn't eat or sleep. I felt like I was in a dream state all the time. Meds made me so psychotic I had to visit the ER too many times to count. This is a good place to begin. Dr. Freedman's blog described my addiction and dp without missing a beat. It's hell to feel that way. I'm feeling more real and on my way over it.

kellie

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 04:23:12 PM »
Is it coincidental that these gamer addicts are more often guys?