Author Topic: Sensitive to Time Change too  (Read 1194 times)

Kimberly

Sensitive to Time Change too
« on: November 02, 2012, 03:20:16 PM »
Hi Dr. Freedman,

I still read the forum even though I'm better. You brought me back from almost completely losing it and I'll never forget it. I always think of you and grateful for the forum. It keeps me up to speed on keeping sane.

I am so extra sensitive though and I notice it's to most everything. I know it's just my nature. I even have to adjust to putting the clocks back and this happens every year. It's me and who I am, which I still work on to get used to. Any hints for this?

Thanks,

Kim

DrFreedman

Re: Sensitive to Time Change too
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 05:10:56 PM »
Dear Kim,

So glad to hear how much better you are now and how well you are doing. The sensitivity to time change is normal and quite common to this type of personality. If you review the personality profile as detailed in the program you will find that any change is experienced in a slightly elevated manner to someone who has this sensitive type personality. It's very normal in the circumstances and not to be feared. Given time and learning to change your perspective allows a rapid adjustment to any change that is initially difficult.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety and Depersonalization
http://www.anxietybusters.com
Office Phone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM (EST)
Order Line: 1-800-670-4673
Counseling: In-Office, Phone and Skype Sessions
Natural Path to Permanent Recovery
Sliding Scale so no one is ever denied help.

Kimberly

Re: Sensitive to Time Change too
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 07:02:08 PM »
Thanks Doctor! It's already gotten better. I've been tutoring my best friends son and I forgot all about the change I felt. I see what you mean. He really needs me now and it gave me something out of myself to concentrate on. Everything you've always said comes out right for me. I knew I would adjust when I helped him too. Just didn't know how fast it would be!