Author Topic: Head hurts from dp  (Read 1222 times)

TC

Head hurts from dp
« on: October 19, 2012, 11:36:32 AM »
Why do I feel like my head is sore and pressurized? This dp makes me think all day long that something is going on with my brain. I know it's not really so but I can't stop thinking it especially when I get this soreness and pressure. My mother will be calling your office today. She wants me to get better and I told her to talk to you about what I can do. I come on here and it's the only place that makes me feel better. I'm sure you can help me.

DrFreedman

Re: Head hurts from dp
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 01:57:37 PM »
Dear TC,

The reason you are experiencing head soreness is easy to explain. When one becomes tense and stressed, the muscles of the entire body begin to contract. This is simple resistance and contraction. One resists the sensations, tries to push them away instead of dropping resistance. When you resist, your muscles contract, creating pain and pressure.

By learning how to understand resistance and contraction you hold yet another tool which keeps your mind clear and your body calm.

Take care,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety and Depersonalization
http://www.anxietybusters.com
Office Phone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM (EST)
Order Line: 1-800-670-4673
Counseling: In-Office, Phone and Skype Sessions
Natural Path to Permanent Recovery
Sliding Scale so no one is ever denied help.

TC

Re: Head hurts from dp
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »
I think it was this testing period at school. I studied until my head hurt. I get good grades but sometimes stay up too late studying. Then I get anxiety. When I read how you explained it I felt better. I was scared it was something wrong with me inside my head. Thanx, feeling better.