Author Topic: Social Anxiety  (Read 762 times)

LS

Social Anxiety
« on: December 15, 2011, 05:02:30 PM »
Hi Dr. Freedman,

I've been doing okay with anxiety when I'm visiting friends and being with family. How come I have a tough time with new places and new people. It makes my neck feel tight and I get dizzy or light in the head. It always goes away when I relax. I know it's anxiety but it still makes me feel unhappy.   LS

DrFreedman

Re: Social Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 01:27:27 PM »
Dear LS,

It seems that your reactivity has settled down to a degree, especially when you are in a situation that is familiar and therefore more comfortable. Familiar people and places are somewhat easier to cope with than new situations and unfamiliar individuals. This is normal in the circumstances.

Once you realize that you are able to rely on the proper way of thinking, leading to calmer reactions,  along with correct usage of the recommended foods, you will only have to summon up the courage to use these skills when in the company of others and in new situations. Once you use the proper approach, you will find you have the power to relax and enjoy the moment along with a new ability to settle yourself down effectively wherever you are and whatever you are doing. This is quite a boost to your self esteem and actually spurs you on to move forward into more situations that previously seemed difficult but are now attainable. 

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE
Office Telephone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM, EST, Mon-Fri.
Complimentary Telephone Evaluation
info@anxietybusters.com