Author Topic: Obsessing  (Read 989 times)

Adele

Obsessing
« on: December 05, 2011, 04:49:41 PM »
Lately I have had a lot of health obsessions. They are ruining my days and I can't sleep because I'm so upset. I even find myself checking things and then rechecking them.

I have been under stress recently. This scares me into thinking it will get worse or I'll lose track of my mind or thoughts. I even wonder about alzheimers even though I'm 23 yrs. old.

I would like to know if using this program for anxiety will help me. I'm so overly concerned about my health and mental health that I'm not going anywhere anymore or being part of the holidays. I haven't given up but hemmed myself in the house more than ever.

DrFreedman

Re: Obsessing
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 01:44:45 PM »
Dear Adele,

Sometimes this habit of thought is a strong distraction from something that is very difficult for one to address. When focused on health or physical ailments, there is little room for thoughts about anything else.

It might be a good idea to take a closer look at this cycle of fearful health worries and think about the root of the issue. There is a very simple and effective way to do so which will lead you to a true break in this disruptive cycle. Sometimes these habits serve as distractions, the mind uses to avoid facing and addressing something more uncomfortable. It's interesting to see the pattern in this behavior.

I do discuss this in further detail in our programs and through a series of counseling sessions. If you find you require further assistance in this area please contact my office and I will be glad to work with you.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE
Office Telephone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM, EST, Mon-Fri.
Complimentary Telephone Evaluation
info@anxietybusters.com
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:02:53 PM by DrFreedman »