Author Topic: Wanting review of program before purchase  (Read 6393 times)

momofkk

Wanting review of program before purchase
« on: October 11, 2011, 11:59:08 AM »
Hello to users of Anxiety Busters,
Could any of you offer helpful feedback regarding whether or not you found this program helpful?  I am considering purchasing it to help my nearly 14-yr-old.  There are no reviews to be found.  I'd really like to see a testimonial section on this forum or on the website, Dr. Friedman.  I hope you won't screen out negative reviews, as this won't necessarily prevent me from purchasing this.  Just need to get a balanced view of the program.  Obviously, nothing works perfectly for 100% of the population, but I would like to hear success stories!  Thank you.

Lainey

Re: Wanting review of program before purchase
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 02:01:01 PM »
The program and Dr. Freedman are both incredible. You couldn't ask for a more complete package of information. I don't believe there is anyone else out there that knows as much as she does about this subject. She has guided me and so many others out of what I consider the most confusing time of my life.
Look at a few posts back by JeffG titled Just Received the Program Today. There's some good feedback to him and all through the forum. All I can say is that Dr. Freedman was there for me, more than you can know whenever I needed her, no matter what she was doing at the time. Can't say enough good things about her or her work. It's pretty amazing.

Pete

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 02:44:45 PM »
Momofkk,

Dr. Freedman worked with both myself and my 16 yr. old son 3 yrs ago. He used the program and also did about 4 visits to her office. He's fine now. He's in college, plays baseball and has a social life. Never thought I'd see him out of it but he's back. Pre-Dr. Freedman he took Lexapro and Xanax but did not improve. He's med-free and like it never happened now.

We both found that the method in the program worked better than the meds mainly because the meds made him much worse. I refused to take them at all. This is just our personal take on it but from reading all the other posts on this board I would guess we're not alone in our opinion.

Pete

Dale

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 03:03:35 PM »
"There are no reviews to be found."

This entire forum is filled with reviews! Huge majority are positive. Just saying.

Lily

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 04:19:35 PM »
I'm a big fan of the program because I refuse to take meds and never will especially because you can recover without them anyway. I haven't read about anyone who got better on meds and I've been reading about this for years now. I just turned 20 and I my problem was about anxiety and dp. The program package told me everything. It's so filled with everything you need that I can't think of anything it missed. There's nothing left to know. You have to use it and do the process so if you're not going to then don't bother. I loved doing it and listening because it made me feel better. That's what counted for me.

- Lily

momofkk

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 01:46:39 AM »
Thank you Lainey, Pete, Dale and Lily!  Did you all use just the DP program or both the programs?  I just meant, Dale, that there weren't reviews on Google, as I found with a couple of other programs.  Today got a call from the pediatric psychiatrist's office, referred by our doctor, to set up an evaluation.  Didn't make an appointment yet, but I wondered whether or not it would be wise to get an outside evaluation instead of just my own conclusions from researching on the internet.  Could any of you respond to the question above and whether or not you feel an accurate diagnosis is necessary, or just follow my gut instinct and get my daughter some help now with the program?

DrFreedman

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:19:22 AM »
Dear momofkk,

My suggestion is to definitely keep the appointment with your pediatric psychiatrist. It is always best to rule out all possibilities, especially with a child, before assuming this is merely anxiety related. The majority of individuals experiencing these symptoms are not ill but have manifested a fatigued mind out of constant fearful worry. Their triggers may vary (constant stress, worry, medications, recreational drugs, repressed emotions) but again, with anxiety related depersonalization, no physical illness would be involved. Again, this is a mind, exhausted from constant fearful worry.

Treating someone as young as your daughter is not unusual but in her best interest I would rule out any and all other possibilities. If there are other issues or conditions in your daughter's life that need to be addressed, then it is my personal opinion that you investigate them fully. If you find it is purely anxiety related, then we can absolutely go from there, but a definite diagnosis is what is indicated at this time.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman

momofkk

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 11:54:16 AM »
Thank you VERY much, Dr. Freedman.  I will take your advice!  So, do you advise going ahead and doing the program in the meantime?  I figured it could only be beneficial, and it may take awhile to get in for an evaluation. 

DrFreedman

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 12:16:36 PM »
Dear momofkk,

Actually, I do not recommend commencing with the program until she receives an accurate evaluation. This program is geared towards anxiety/depersonalization/derealization and therefore it is best to be sure this is precisely what we're addressing. I recall you had mentioned Asperger's Syndrome as well and you might want to explore this also. There are numerous factors in this particular instance and this is why I recommend you hold off ordering until all the facts are in order.

Best wishes and keep in touch,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman

momofkk

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 07:43:28 PM »
Thank you, Dr. Freedman.  That's incredible, you're not trying to sell me the program!  I appreciate your professional opinion very much.   Perhaps we will contact you in the future.