Author Topic: Zoloft DP  (Read 1328 times)

EllieT

Zoloft DP
« on: October 12, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
Hi Dr. Freedman,

I emailed you about a month back concerning my younger brother who felt unreal after taking Zoloft for a few months. It really undid him. We have definitely pinpointed his problem to this med and he's still cloudy and unfocused even after having stopped weeks ago. He can't get to work and his life is on hold.

Is this something you've ever heard about? If so, what can we do? He's afraid to take another med and I can't say I blame him. He is sure something has happened to him that can't be reversed.

He's not sleeping and says he walks around all night. I told him I'd contact you. Would it be okay for us to call you sometime this weekend? He'll be staying with me.

Thank you and hope you can shed some light on this .

Ellie

DrFreedman

Re: Zoloft DP
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 12:37:21 PM »
Dear EllieT,

Yes, I have heard about these type of reactions, which is why I'm not a big advocate for the long-term use of SSRI antidepressants for young people. The warnings themselves are not favorable to anyone under the age of 18. I have problems with this, which are backed by the many phone calls I receive.

I also believe no long-term damage has occurred, nor physical changes have taken place. The mind often wraps around a negative event and merely thinking about it will dredge up similar sensations. For example, one may recall a food that made them ill in the past, and just the mere thought of it will often trigger feelings of nausea.

If one becomes fearful of the sensation, the fear alone will create body reactions (adrenaline release) which the mind associates with the reaction. This is when it's imperative to learn how to interrupt and release this habit/behavior and move forward. Our program offers a specific process where one learns to interrupt the behavior and prevent its return.

The food/menu plan included in the program, along with the behavioral methods provided, will ensure a good night's rest as well.

If either of you have any further questions, feel free to contact me and I will be glad to answer them. I do offer a complimentary telephone evaluation.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE
Office Telephone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM, Eastern Time

Complimentary Telephone Evaluation
info@anxietybusters.com

EllieT

Re: Zoloft DP
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 03:23:31 PM »
This helps me a lot. We both want to talk with you about it in detail. I can't wait to speak to you and I thank you.