Author Topic: Can't stop "checking in"  (Read 2511 times)

Rhys

Can't stop "checking in"
« on: August 19, 2011, 09:43:06 AM »
Hey guys, I have been suffering with anxiety for about 9 months and dp/dr for about 6 months. I've noticed a gradual improvement since all this started, the anxiety and dp/dr have been largely reduced but my main problem is I can't stop thinking about it. Its obviously become a big part of my life since I started suffering so I just can't stop thinking about it as it were. The first thing I do when I wake up is start thinking about dp/dr and obviously as soon as I do then I start feeling dp'd.

This carries on through the day, its so annoying. Its not so bad when I'm distracted but its the Summer holidays and I'm stuck in the house most of the time by myself with my thoughts.

love00

Re: Can't stop "checking in"
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 10:45:23 AM »
HEY! I totally understand. I got it 2 weeks ago, and its been hard, but yesterday I told myself I'm not going to let this defeat me. Yes, its going to be on your mind, but the best medicine is to try & divert your mind. Our brains are in safe mode b/c when you keep thinking about it, your brain thinks its something to be scared about. We have to retrain our brains in our way of thinking. It makes sense to me now :)

love00

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 12:39:35 PM »
Do you have the program?

DrFreedman

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 12:57:11 PM »
Dear Rhys,

Everything you are describing is part of this condition. Nothing you have written is odd or unusual. In fact, these feelings are "normal in the circumstance" and will abate when you begin the program package. This is exactly what the package addresses.

Believe me, I am very familiar with your descriptions, as I also experienced exactly the same reactions many years ago when struggling with depersonalization (and anxiety). The program speaks to every symptom. Every reaction is logical in the circumstance and can be reversed...in short order.

Try not to worry as you will learn how to overcome these sensations and prevent their recurrence as well.

Your habit of "checking in" will dissolve once you begin using our process and applying the principles on a daily basis. It's not a long or drawn out process and very enjoyable to use.

Feel free to call me for a complimentary telephone evaluation.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety Busters, Inc.
Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE
Office Telephone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 Am - 10:00 PM, Eastern Time
Complimentary Telephone Evaluation
info@anxietybusters.com
http://www.anxietybusters.com

Rhys

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 11:34:07 AM »
Dr. Freedman

Thanks very much for the reply, just getting a reply from someone who has gone through what I am going through and came out the other side helps tremendously. I plan on purchasing the program when I scrape enough pennies together.

I just have some questions about dp/dr. I suffer mostly from dr and is it true that derealization is a bigger hurdle to overcome than dp? Also, the dp/dr is my worst anxiety symptom, it has been pretty much constant for the six months I've suffered, is this normal? I've heard of people having it for maybe a few weeks at a time before it leaves them, but I don't seem to be able to get a break from it. Is it more difficult to rid yourself of if you've had it a long time?

DrFreedman

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 01:47:21 PM »
Dear Rhys,

Time is of no importance, as far as this symptom is concerned. It is merely indicative of the fact that it has not been addressed properly. This is a symptom of anxiety, yet can be a stubborn symptom if not approached in the correct manner.

Depersonalization describes feelings of unreality and what is known to some as brain fog. Derealization is when your surroundings appear or feel unfamiliar. Both are addressed in the program package and treated through the method we introduce. One is not more difficult to overcome than another.

Whether constant or intermittent, the method will end this intrusion and you will move forward with your life, minus these interruptions. What you are experiencing is normal in the circumstance, which means it is lingering because it has not been addressed in a specific and correct manner.

Take care and best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman

Anxiety and Depersonalization
http://www.anxietybusters.com
Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE
Office Telephone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM, Eastern Time
Complimentary Telephone Evaluation
info@anxietybusters.com