Author Topic: A month into Dp  (Read 1160 times)

ChrisDP

A month into Dp
« on: August 02, 2011, 07:19:09 PM »
i got DP from a panic attack, from that point Ive spent most of my summer sitting in my dark room listening to music and obsessing over how terrible it is not being in my own body. i had no past of anxiety, or at least not until i found out what anxiety was. I may have had some when i was little. But the only anxiety that i can remember having was from bad grades in school, and sometimes id wake up in the middle of the night confused and with anxiety. 1-10, 10 being normal, i had felt like a 6 just a couple weeks ago, now I'm down to a 2 or 3. I have no problem socializing with friends, or driving a car. My only problem is waking up every morning knowing that i have to not be in my own body.

feelings: hearing my voice, not thinking about moving around the house, i just sit up and move around the house, mentally exhausted, not really in the mood to do anything, not seeing me in the mirror, just a familiar face, feeling as if the only thing i control is my eyes :o

sorry if i didn't articulate enough, but I'm sure you guys know exactly what I'm talking about

i just need to find a way out, I'm currently going to therapy, doing hypnosis, and i take a xanax when I'm not feeling right (.25). I'm normally anxiety free, unless theres anxiety and i just dint feel it. dint get me wrong, i can still have a good time with friends, i just want to feel like me again

ADVICE WOULD HELP VERY MUCH, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT

PS: i was a happy go lucky guy, i was always laughing with my friends, and if it makes any difference im getting my car in a month and im very excited and im 16......SORRY THAT A LOT OF THIS STUFF ISNT IN ORDER
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:55:44 PM by ChrisDP »

DrFreedman

Re: A month into Dp
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 10:52:24 AM »
Dear ChrisDP,

Sorry to hear about your struggle but you must remember, depersonalization is not an illness. It is an anxiety reaction based on a learned behavior. You may experience everything you described (normal in the circumstance) but medication is not the answer.

The way to reconcile depersonalization is through understanding and changing  behaviors, along with using foods correctly, to work for you rather than against you.  Medications are merely band-aids which only serve to temporarily sedate the individual. Eventually, if taking benzodiazepines steadily for merely two weeks, one's body often becomes tolerant of them (that quickly) and requires an increase in dosage to receive the same result. One often becomes dependent on them, and that in itself presents another problem.

Depersonalization is an anxiety reaction and it is simply yet specifically resolved when approached properly. You are suffering from an exhausted mind, from continuous fearful, worried thought. Learning how to interrupt this behavior is your way out, and your solid prevention from future flare-ups.

Check out our program package or feel free to call for you complimentary telephone evaluation.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety Busters, Inc.
Office Telephone: 215-635-4700
Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM, Eastern Time
http://www.anxietybusters.com
info@anxietybusters.com