Author Topic: Concentrating is hard  (Read 1150 times)

Adele

Concentrating is hard
« on: July 12, 2011, 10:07:47 PM »
I have mostly anxiety but some feelings of derealization every once in a while. I am in the medical field and have to concentrate on facts but it's so hard to do this while I am thinking so much about how I feel. My mind just won't stay put. I read about the girl with the racing heart but my mind is racing. It's forever racing and I can't make it stay on one subject. Anything to make it slow down would be a lifesaver for me.

DrFreedman

Re: Concentrating is hard
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:04:16 PM »
It's true, anxiety and depersonalization do go hand in hand. That is why it is imperative to treat them both, in the correct sequence, in order to ensure permanent recovery   

Your concentration difficulties are not unusual. While the mind is focused on worries and fears, it is often difficult to focus on the demands that life and career demand. Yet, this is not impossible. With the proper approach this "juggling" of thoughts is corrected and one's ability to concentrate swiftly returns.

Our program package does cover this intrusion and addresses it in full detail. The mind is able to be retrained and will settle down, just as a racing heart will when approached from the proper perspective.

It's all about making the necessary changes, which substitute unproductive behaviors with more productive ways of thinking, living and feeling. The mind returns to normal focus as this concentration difficulty clears.

We offer a complimentary telephone evaluation for first time callers. You might want to contact us and we will be glad to speak with you. 215-635-4700, Office Hours are 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM, Eastern Time.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
http://www.anxietybustersblog.com
Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE (4673)
Anxiety and Depersonalization Program Packages
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM Eastern Time
Office Telephone: 215-635-4700
info@anxietybusters.com