Author Topic: Anxious fatigue vs genuine physical fatigue  (Read 2763 times)

Amie

Anxious fatigue vs genuine physical fatigue
« on: November 26, 2007, 02:18:52 AM »
Is there any way of knowing which fatigue is anxiety related & which is genuine physical fatigue?

DrFreedman

Re: Anxious fatigue vs genuine physical fatigue
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 05:59:22 PM »
Dear Amie,
Do NOT believe that resting is the major cure for Anxious Fatigue. Your body is not tired even though you feel exhausted. It is the MIND that is tired and this is VERY DIFFERENT. Extra sleep and rest is not the route to relief.

The mind is the source of exhaustion in Anxious Fatigue. This occurs after constant worry and "checking in." This is how you are able to differentiate it from normal fatigue. When we work hard and our muscles ache, this is a good indication of body fatigue. When we worry extensively and feel tired, this is the sign of anxious fatigue.

Treating anxious fatigue is about learning to retrain the mind, using behavior modification, along with our Neutralizing Diet, which ensures a less reactive mind/body.

Many experience magnified/exaggerated reactions when dealing with anxious fatigue:
- Sounds seem louder
- Reactions feel stronger (one jumps when the phone or doorbell rings)
- Emotions are easily tripped
- Fears seem greater
- Sadness seems stronger

Once anxious fatigue is eliminated, everything returns to normal intensity. This is achieved quite rapidly when using the proper techniques. Feel free to call me on my toll-free line for more information: 1-800-670-HOPE. I do a great deal of counseling on this topic. It's a very common occurrence and easily eliminated.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
ANXIETY BUSTERS BOOT CAMP: NO-NONSENSE APPROACH TO ANXIETY ELIMINATION
FREE 10 MINUTE SESSION