Author Topic: Anxiety and DP Question  (Read 3521 times)

Tessa

Anxiety and DP Question
« on: June 20, 2011, 05:57:02 PM »
Hi Dr. Freedman,

I've been a big yet quiet fan of yours for months. Just bought the programs today (yay) and finally decided to post.

Here's my question. How come whatever anybody has (illness) or even opinions, I always think I have it too. It makes me feel weak minded because I waver a lot. If someone describes a symptom, I'm in. If they talk about a relative with an illness, I get the symptoms they describe. Is this usual? Sometimes my anxiety is less if dp comes in stronger. Could my mind be that easy to distract? Health problems and thoughts are so strong for me. I hope this is normal too?

Thank you for answering my questions. I feel much better when I come on here late at night.

Tessa

ETERNITY

Re: Anxiety and DP Question
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 11:36:54 AM »
Hi there tessa

I am purchasing the program too this week.Just scraped all my pennies together.

I pray that you get all the success on the world with this treatment.

From what I can gather from what you are describing above, sounds like you are suffering from  hypochondriac(see below)

"Hypochondriac is a condition that affects the mind where a person thinks they are ill yet in real sense they are not. The person who is always under the impression that they are ill and constantly get the fear of getting falling sick. Some of the causes of hypochondriac are the underlying disease or illness. For example a person who has chronic illness like cancer, diabetes or HIV/AIDS can develop this anxiety of thinking that they are sick even when they are not. Another cause can be an irritating thought that can dominate the mind about the fear of uncertainty or of the unknown. For example if you have had someone who had the symptoms that are similar to yours and they were diagnosed with certain diseases that scare you then you can begin to feel sick".

Dr freedman will correct me if I am wrong, but my perspective is that its part of suffering from DP, because you are caught up in constant worrying/freeting and generally thinking your mind is very active and always looking for the negative.

I believe this constant worrying and thinking will dissolve when you start your treatment program for DP.

stay in touch and we can both encourage each other  to come out of this state.  

look at the bigger picture and know that with darkness comes light, after war comes peace, after illness comes heath.

Its just the cycle of life, negative and positive states come and go. We have to stay positive when  the darkness comes and harness our positive energy to become positive no matter what happens, because WE HAVE  THE POWER WITHIN.

STAY BLESSED

speak soon :)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:38:52 AM by ETERNITY »

Tessa

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 12:42:39 PM »
I've always worried about my health. I can't wait to do the programs to get past this part of it. I am looking forward to doing all of it. It's been too long being like this.

Thanks for your encouragement too and good wishes to you too.

ETERNITY

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 02:11:19 PM »
have you ordered both of the programs.

DP and axiety treatment

keep us posted on your progress

thanks
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:53:14 PM by ETERNITY »

Tessa

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 04:00:14 PM »
Ordered both in a package. Came today! I'll let you know!

DrFreedman

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 10:32:05 PM »
Dear Tessa,

What you are experiencing is two-fold. To begin with, it is the nature of the personality of a sensitive individual. This also means you are reactive to enjoyable stimuli as well.

It is also temporary in nature, meaning this vulnerability will lessen once you begin changing the way you think and approach it from an entirely different perspective. The fear of every little change in your emotional and/or physical health actually subsides as your adult voice takes over. All the exaggerated reactions will return to normal intensity.

The reason anxiety subsides when the depersonalization is heightened is because one is thoroughly distracted by that particular symptom. It's difficult to focus on two symptoms simultaneously. Interesting fact and this too will dissolve once you understand how to interrupt the habits that lead to each of these reactions.

Take care and best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE (4673)
Office Telephone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM  Eastern Time
Complimentary One Time Telephone Evaluation
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:14:15 AM by DrFreedman »

love00

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 07:21:50 AM »
Tessa, any progress?

Tessa

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 06:26:29 PM »
Fantastic program. Can't say enough good things about it and Dr. Freedman

ETERNITY

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 11:50:18 AM »
Tessa has the program helped clear your symptons :)

Tessa

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 01:02:34 PM »
It feels so good to be myself again. I was afraid to be alone with my thoughts and with myself and now it's okay. The fogginess has cleared. It feels so good. I can concentrate too. I felt it coming back a little every single day while doing the package. I can think and focus and make decisions too now. That was a big problem. It's so much better to be living again.

ETERNITY

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 02:20:48 PM »
well done tessa

BET IT FEELS good to be living again and I bet you look so much better too.

DP makes everthing look/feel dull and makes you look dull in my experiance

thanks for the reply

I am looking forward to using the program