Author Topic: PANIC!  (Read 1175 times)

Trey

PANIC!
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:18:49 PM »
I don't know what's going on but I am having one major huge panic attacks one after another this morning. I don't know why or how but I've had enough of this to last a lifetime. This is how my anxiety always flares on up. I had a great time with friends last night and then today out of no place I'm trembling and have to come home from work. My hands hurt from gripping the steering wheel. I feel really messed up.

Here's my life.

I work all day, then go home and eat dinner. Job boring sometimes.
I go out with friends about 2x a week. We drink and watch sports on tv. Trying to cut back on cigarettes.
Eat kind of okay, but like some junk foods.
Workout with trainer on Sats. Drink protein drink once a day.
Like chocolate and ice cream and sometimes snickers bars or frozen milky ways.

Program looks attractive to me and probably getting it because no way am I taking meds. Is there some hope for me?

Good forum. Thanks

DrFreedman

Re: PANIC!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 02:36:36 PM »
Dear Trey,

Eating well, is not always eating appropriately for the anxiety condition. There are many foods that ramp up feelings of anxiety and others that help create a calmer, less reactive mind and body.

I would recommend you slowly cut back on all caffeinated beverages and foods.
If you are craving something sweet, eat it after a meal, to buffer the sugar response.
Start mixing decaffeinated coffee with your caffeinated brand...slowly adding more decaf every day, less caffeinated.
Give up cigarettes, as they have no health value and exacerbate anxiety symptoms.

Start using our Anxiety Busters program and learn to turn off panic reactions and prevent their return. Protein drinks are usually sugar based and cannot replace real protein foods.
Learn to enjoy foods that work to create a less reactive mind and body. It's simple and the rewards make it well worth the effort.

In the long run, it's your choice. You have the ability to choose a calmer, peaceful and less reactive mind and body. A few simple changes are all that is necessary to experience a very noticeable and timely reaction.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety Busters, Inc.
http://www.anxietybusters.com
Order Line: 1-800-670-HOPE
Office Telephone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM, Eastern Time
Complimentary Telephone Evaluation
info@anxietybusters.com
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:28:51 AM by DrFreedman »