Author Topic: Earworms or Tinnitus?  (Read 2439 times)

Elena

Earworms or Tinnitus?
« on: June 25, 2014, 10:57:21 AM »
Hi Dr. Freedman,

I read your answer to the person who asked about Earworms and I see what you mean but I always thought that ringing and ear sounds were also earworms. I guess I was wrong. They said itwas more a stuck song in the head (and I get that alot too) but what about the ear ringing they call tinnitus? Do you know about this too? I've been under enormous tension at work and have trouble being in a quiet place and most of all trying to fall asleep at night. It's frightening how my head feels. This sound is so distracting and it's all I think about all the time. I'm afraid its become a phobia of sorts with me or an OCD symptom like your other poster wrote. There are times I could just scream it's so bad. I'm also afraid I will lose my job because I don't sleep and am tired all day. It's getting me down in so many ways. Please can you tell me if you can speak to me or help me out with this?

Elena V.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:00:49 AM by Elena »

DrFreedman

Re: Earworms or Tinnitus?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »
Dear Elena,

This can be quite disturbing for anyone who has experienced the constant ringing, buzzing, roaring and hissing noises in the ear. When severe it may trigger and enhance anxiety symptoms to the point of distraction. I have spoken to a large number of individuals who suffer greatly with this interference and am well aware of the strong and intrusive effect it has presented in their lives.

Studies have proved that severe anxiety can actually trigger as well as exacerbate this condition. Blood pressure rises along with anxiety reactions and the artery in the neck pulsates in a stronger more advanced rate, producing a swooshing sound as the blood passes through this vein. This enhanced pulse coincides with the increased heart rate and is experienced as a constant hum or ringing throughout the head and ear. Naturally, the stronger the heartbeat, the more noticeable the symptom. Maintaining a calm and relaxed mind and body is key to taming this intrusive symptom and is achieved by learning to change behaviors and lifestyle. The results can be quite dramatic as the symptom abates and life returns to normal once again.

There are actually quite a few completely natural, therapeutic steps one may use to turn off the constant sounds that interfere with one's life and I have found these steps work quite quickly and serve to restore peace and quiet to one's life.

Please call my office and I'll fill you in as to the exact steps used in this process. Also, try not to worry. There is a way to overcome this invasive symptom.

Best wishes,

Dr. Ronnie Freedman
Anxiety and Depersonalization
Natural Path to Permanent Recovery
http://www.anxietybusters.com
info@ronniefreedmanphd.com
Office Phone: 215-635-4700
Office Hours: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM (EST)

Elena

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 05:52:14 PM »
Thank you so much Dr. Freedman. You are the best! Everything you describe is ME! You can't imagine how much anxiety I am under at work. Some days I wish I could stay home. I know it has to be effecting my blood pressure too because I call my brother and complain to him about it all the time. I realize it only makes my ears ring more!

I'm calling your office when I get home from work. I can't wait to find out how to rid myself of this. Thank you for answering me and for speaking to me. I really am excited to get this overwith!!! You've made my day!  :) :) :) :)

Tara

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 10:38:50 PM »
I get this all the time when I am ultra-stressed. It's the biggest anxiety maker. The last time I had it I ran out of my boyfriends and walked around all night. I was depressed after and still am.

I heard you had a CD or can Skype me the information about this. I am definitely interested. I think maybe it did something to my hearing too. Wanted to know if anyone had that?  BTW, I get the stuck songs but this is much worse.